Search This Blog

Monday, December 29, 2014

I prefer the Moto X 2014 over the Nexus 6

Hey guys thanks for stopping again. So yes, you heard it right...I've sold my Nexus 6 and for good reason.

On paper, the Moto X is crushed by the Nexus 6. From the QHD display, dual speakers, 805 snapdragon processor, and many other things. But those things are still not enough for me to keep it over the Moto X 2014, let me explain.



First lets talk about pricing, and the Nexus 6 loses that battle. Coming at $649 and $699, it's priced much higher than the Moto X at $399 or $499. 

Next size. The Moto X is almost the perfect size for a daily driver, and go into any pocket with ease.  Also I must note that the Moto X looks better than the Nexus 6, because you can customize it however you would like. 

Next is sound. The Moto X may only have one front speaker, but it still sounds just as good as the Nexus 6 for daily use. 

Now performance. The Moto X zooms through he menus, and daily tasks just as well as the Nexus 6 if not faster and smoother. I found myself using my Moto X much more than the Nexus 6, because it was much easier to use with one hand. 

Network signal. The Nexus 6 seems to drop service frequently, unlike the Moto X. I never have any issues with the X, but the 6 always drops signal. The strength on the 6 is much weaker than the X. 

Cameras on both are very nice, and perform about the same. Having the options to use 4k recording is nice, however 1080p is just fine. 

Battery life on the 6 is much better, but not by much. I was able to get about 4 to 5 hours of screen on time with my Nexus 6, and only about 3 to 4 with the Moto X.



Overall, I say the Moto X is a winner her for the reasons I've listed above. 

Price, size, performance, and network signal. I hope you are enjoying the Nexus 6, and the Moto X 2014. They are are both great devices, and will deliver on everything you need for daily tasks. 

However, my personal experience is the Moto X will do better for more users. I like it better than my Nexus 6, which is why I have sold my Nexus 6. I won't stay away too long, but for now it's a goner. 

Later I might pickup a white Nexus 6, because the sides will be silver not purple like the one I have.




Marvel Champions - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kabam.marvelbattle
RoboCop - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.glu.robocop

Thank you, and remember...if it's not 'tech talk', it's not worth talking about.

J. Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment