Search This Blog

Friday, January 2, 2015

The beauty of choice! The Motorola Moto Maker

The power of choice is amazing!


One choice that I do have, is being able to select between many devices daily.  After having the first Moto X, I customized it and thought I would like it.  Now that I've got my hands on the second Moto X, I phone in love with it.  I can't stress or put into words how beautiful I think Moto make her really is.  Have any option to make your device your own, is a powerful thing!  When will other OEM manufactures get on board and start to realize this?  



HTC, Samsung, Apple, ZTE, Nokia, Microsoft, Sony, LG, Huawei, blackberry, and Acer are just a few of the top cell phone makers of products from which we all enjoy a device. But not all of them take part in the customization field, this is where Motorola signs over them.  With the increasing price on mobile devices,  having the freedom of choice should always be an option!  Motorola has managed to keep the price pretty much fair on the Moto X, but if other OEMs decide to get in on the game this could be a major break in the mobile industry.   But for now I think Motorola safe, and they can keep the price of the Moto X it's $599 for 64GB, $549 for 32GB or $499 for a 16GB.  


Moto Maker is currently only offered on the Moto X 2014, but imagine if you could get it on your Nexus 6!  Would that not be amazing?  I think so!  

Right now you have the choice between 4 different leathers backs, 6 warm colors, 4 natural wood backs, 7 cool colors, and 4 neutral colors. On the front you have a choice between black or white.  As for your trim, you can choose lemon lime, orange, olive, bronze, royal blue, dark gray, red, gold, violet, or silver.  They do have a few cases that you can choose, but I think pretty much all of those are overpriced.  As I stated earlier the 16GB model it is included at no cost, The 32GB model is a $50 upgrade, and the 64GB model is $100 upgrade.  Please note that the 64GB model is only available on the pier addition unlocked, and is not an option for carriers. You can also get an engraving on the back of your device, and another greeting for when you power the phone on!  You even get your choice of your own wallpaper, and you get to select what color charger you want black or white.  they will even sync to your Google account if you like!  


So I would say that model maker is a fantastic idea, and I wish other manufacturers would do the same.  If only I could do this with a Nexus 6, oh my.  How the game would change for the better, and I think most would agree.  Being limited to just two choices on the Nexus 6, almost killed it for me.  But at least I can get a white one...well, if I can find one that is.  They are not in stock anywhere, and I am not going to pay $200 to $400 over retail just to get one.  Some people purchased them just to turn right around, and resell them.  I kinda hate that people do this, but what can you do right?  Oh well, for now...we have to enjoy this great idea on only the Moto X.



No comments:

Post a Comment