Search This Blog

Friday, January 23, 2015

4k video shootout! Moto X 2014 VS Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Do we really need 4k video recording?

With all the possibilities of today's smartphones, I'm surprised this is an option to be honest.  While I don't use this feature often, it is nice to have.  But does it really make a difference in the quality of videos we produce.  Do you think it does that much better than 1080p recording?  I would say no it does not, just based on the two videos I show here with two of the top smartphones.

I decided to take some video from both phones, and compare the two.  To my surprise, I prefer the Moto X over the Note 4 in the videos I recorded.  That doesn't mean the Moto X has the better camera, but in this particular capture it did better to me.  The Moto X appeared to be move vibrant in colors than the Note 4, and blacks were deeper.  Pictures on the Note 4 are much better in my opinion, and look more vibrant and clear.  But this is about video capture in 4k, and the Moto X takes the win in my book.  The Moto X also came across more smooth when panning left to right.  Check out both videos, and tell me what you think.






If it's not about Tech, it's not worth talking about.

J. Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment