Search This Blog

Saturday, January 17, 2015

My Ultimate smartphone. Is there one? Will there ever be one? Answer, NOPE!

Everyone wants something different, so there will never be a phone that everyONE person will want.  If you think I'm wrong, tell me why?  I'd love to hear how there can be a 'one size fits all' in the mobile world!

If you are like most people today, you have more than one smartphone.  At least 1 tablet, an SLR camera, or digital camera, a laptop, and a PC.  I have more than I need, but I'm a tech blogger part-time.  What's your reason?  Do you like the freedom of choice?  Using different OS's when you want to?  One has better battery than the other?  All of the above apply to me, and probably you as well.  I use all OS's, WP8, Android, iOS, Blackberry, and recently the Fire OS.



When you look back just 5 to 10 years, smartphones really were not that great.  Example to my left, lol.  The HTC Tytn.  If you had this, or the T-Mobile version raise your hand.  (Both of mine are up right now)  They had small screens, felt like a brick in your pocket, had resistive touch screens, spoor specs, no LTE, poor cameras, and the list goes on and on.  But at that time, we had the best phones in the world.  Wow, we had no idea how quickly that would change in the near future.  In 2008 on December 3rd, I reviewed my first phone on YouTube.  I sucked bad too, lol. The video was recorded in 240p, the lighting was horrible, and the list goes on lol.
But what I didn't understand at that moment, is that I was on the road to a very fun filled future on YouTube.  The T-Mobile G1 was extremely nice back then, I think if you are an android user you would agree.  I mean look at these specs!!  I was pumped! Weren't you?  (Video below)
117 x 55.7 x 17.1 mm
158 g (5.57 oz)
Keyboard QWERTY
Trackball
TFT capacitive touchscreen, 65K colors
3.2 inches (~46.8% screen-to-body ratio)
320 x 480 pixels (~180 ppi pixel density)
Corning Gorilla Glass
Android OS, v1.6 (Donut)
Qualcomm MSM7201A
528 MHz ARM 11
Adreno 130
MEMORY Card slot microSD
192 MB RAM, 256 MB ROM
CAMERA 3.15 MP, 2048 x 1536 pixels, autofocus

When Google first launched android, it was one of the best time in history for tech people.  Rejoice!!!  So what is the perfect smartphone, or the 'ultimate' smartphone.  What are the specs that go with this so called, killer device?  Well, let's be honest here...there is NO ultimate smartphone!  Every three months or so, there is a new device that will be better spec'd than the one you just bought.  But does that mean yours is now a brick in the pocket?  Nope, it simply means OEM's are trying to get more money from you, and that's just it.  

However, what if you could create your own smartphone next month?  You have free range to call any OEM, and tell them what you wanted them to produce for you.  What would be your specs be, and who would you like to manufacture it?  Here are some of mine, well at least the 'main' things I would want.

Manufactured by HTC

Colors - Deep Red, Blue, Black, White, Blue/White, Deep Red/White, Black/White, etc.
Screen - 5.8 inch QHD display (Sapphire)
Body - 150 x 78 x 7.5 mm (Metal frame)
Sound - Dual front speakers (boomsound)
Memory - 128GB, SD Card slot takes up to 256GB card
Cameras - Rear 41mp, Front 13mp
Processor - Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 3.2GHZ Quad-Core 
GPU - Kepler DX1
Battery - 4500 mAh
OS - Stock Android 5.0.2 (or whatever is current)
SIM - Nano SIM with multi-carrier support
Price - $749.99 UNLOCKED to ALL GSM and CDMA carriers

Now can you even imagine something like this?  For me, I could use this daily as my only device. I wouldn't have to take a tablet with me, nor would I need a spare battery.  I would be so happy to find something like this in my mailbox next month, made just for me.  Do you have a dream device?  I'm sure if you are a techie...you do.  There is nothing wrong with dreaming, it's a good thing.  I think that it won't be long, before we start to see specs like these are our devices in the near future.  So tell me, what's your 'ultimate' smartphone?



If it's not about tech, it's not worth talking about...

J. Williams




No comments:

Post a Comment