Search This Blog

Monday, February 2, 2015

I've found another one that I like!

Nokia Lumia 830

There are very few offerings of Windows Phone devices currently on the market today, and Nokia is the leader.  If you were to ask some people if they have a Windows Phone, they might just look at you and laugh.  I will agree that WP is not very popular to most, or as popular as iOS or Android.  However, that does not mean it is not a great OS to use.  If you think about it, most people use a PC daily.  So you would think that a WP would be their first choice, right?  Wrong.  Today, there are more iOS and Android devices floating around than WP, and that's just a shame if you ask me.

One reason people may not choose WP over iOS or Android, is because they are not educated on the OS.  I also believe that store reps who sell phones, do not push the product enough so people will know how nice it really is.  I've actually experienced this in a local store.  When I asked about the Nokia Lumia 1520, all I was told is that I don't want to get a Windows Phone.  I should get an iPhone or Android phone, but when I questioned why?  There was no rebuttal at all from the rep, and he had no idea about Windows Phone OS.  Sadly, but I digress.



Let's move on to why this device is a really nice one to own, and why I think you should consider picking one up if you are in the market for a new phone.

I will start with some of the main things it has offer you...

  • 5 inch screen (a nice sweet spot for a screen size)
  • Removable 2200 mAh battery - this battery will last you at least 1.5 days on a single charge
  • 10mp Carl Zeiss Pureview Camera - it takes some GREAT photos and videos
  • MicroSD, that can hold up to 128GB SD card
  • 16GB of on board storage, with 1GB of RAM
That's  just a few that I wanted to point out, but overall it's a good package for a phone.  (click here for a full list of the specs)  There are plenty of phones that offer much higher specs, but specs don't mean much if the phones doesn't perform well.  Most would agree to this.  I've been using this phone daily for the last week straight, and it has not failed me in any way.  There are a few short comings, but I will give my cons in a bit.  

The screen on this phone is a 720p 5 inch display, and has 294ppi.  Which equates to a clear, smooth, beautiful experience on a phone.  I did lots of web browsing, and watched lots videos.  All of which was solid, and it performed without a hiccup.   Netflix looks great on this phone, it's truly sharp crisp display and you will enjoy it.

The Camera on this phone to me, is the main highlight.  It takes some of the best photos I've ever seen on a mobile device, and I've got lots of them.  The Nokia Lumia 830 doesn't have the highest pixel count on a phone today, but what it does have is Carl Zeiss.  That name alone, says quality!  This is a huge jump over your average cell phone today, and the fact that I can have it on my $400 phone is just amazing.  The videos and photos produced from this 10mp camera, are just fantastic.  You will be amazed if you give it a try, and might even consider it one of the best you've used.  I tested this camera in more ways than one, and even put it up against some of my 'so called' higher end phones.  To tell you the truth, it held it's own!  See the issue I have with some people who do 'tech' reviews on mobile phones, is there standards.  They are too high, and in most cases phones that don't have super specs are overlooked sadly.  Well, on to the next topic at hand.

The battery!  All I can say is 'ALL DAY LONG' it will last you all day!  I had no problems making it through a full day on a single charge, and even made it almost 3 days.  That being said, screen on time was around 5 to 6 hours.  I'm a heavy user, so a person that is not constantly on their phone, will get even better battery than me. 


Cons?  Yeah I have a couple, and they are minor...very minor.  So the back cover on this phone is even worst than a samsung back over, and we know how bad those are.  I feel like I can break this thing so easy, it's scary.  I know we don't take the back cover off that often, but when you do it is not the strongest of the bunch.  Next is the front camera.  While I like it, and I think it is very solid for a front camera...I wanted at least a 2mp on the front.  Images are okay, and video chat is good...and I will leave it at that.

So that's it for now folks, check out the video at the break. You can watch my full review as well.

Remember, if it's not about 'Tech' it's not worth talking about.
J. Williams










No comments:

Post a Comment